Novan Expands Nitric Oxide Dermatology Business Partnership with Sato in Japan
- Expanded license agreement adds SB206 for the treatment of viral skin infections
- Novan to receive upfront cash consideration of approximately 1.25 billion JPY (~$11.0 million), payable over the next 12 months
- Milestone and royalty payments due with clinical, regulatory and commercial progression
- Japan, the world’s 2nd largest dermatology market, remains a strategic focus for Novan
- Novan continues to explore additional geographic markets and other business opportunities
MORRISVILLE, N.C., Oct. 08, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — Novan, Inc. (“the Company” or “Novan”) (Nasdaq:NOVN) today announced that the Company has expanded its partnership with Sato Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd. (“Sato”), a Japanese company with a prescription pharmaceutical business specializing in dermatology, to include Novan’s topical nitric oxide-releasing product candidate SB206 for the treatment of viral skin infections including warts and molluscum contagiosum.